A Claimant is a person who has a personal injury claim for alleged opioid related injury and does not qualify for a NAS (neonatal abstinence syndrome) claim.
A Non-NAS PI Opioid Claim is any Opioid Claim (including Opioid Demand), for present and future claims, of any natural person for an alleged opioid-related personal injury or other similar opioid-related Claim or Cause of Action, including any opioid-related personal injury Claim. See the PI Trust Distribution Procedures (TDP) for Non-NAS PI Claims.
You can file a Non-NAS PI Claim if you can demonstrate both that:
- you received a prescription for a Mallinckrodt opioid, including any prescription for off-label use; and
- you were injured from the Mallinckrodt opioid use.
Important Documents to Review Before Filing a Claim:
FILING A CLAIM:
If you are filing a Non-NAS PI Claim, you must submit to the Trustee the Non-NAS PI Claim Form and supporting documentation as explained in the PI Trust Distribution Procedures of the Non-NAS PI Claims and Non-NAS PI Claim FAQs provided above.
The Trust is now accepting Non-NAS PI Claim submissions as of August 1, 2022.
Beginning August 1, 2022, Non-NAS PI Claim Forms and supporting documentation can be filed by printing the Claim Form and other required documents above, completing them and returning them with your supporting documentation to the MNK PI Trust, P.O. Box 361930 Hoover, AL 35236-1930.
Effective August 17, 2022, you are also able to complete the Non-NAS PI Claim Form and file it, as well as the supporting documentation, electronically through the Non-NAS portal link located below.
Please note, if filing a Non-NAS PI Claim you must include the following:
- Complete, sign, and submit the Non-NAS PI Claim Form
- Submit proof of usage of a Qualifying Opioid
- Complete, sign, and submit the HIPAA Release Form
You may also be required to include the following:
- If the Non-NAS PI Claimant is a Minor, documentation to show that you are qualified Proxy who is authorized to file a Non-NAS PI Claim on the minor’s behalf.
- If the Non-NAS PI Claimant is deceased, a certified death certificate must be provided AND:
- If an Estate has been opened, provide Estate Documentation;
- If an Estate has not been opened, but there was a Will, the person filing the claim, who was named as the Executor under the Will, should execute and submit the Non-NAS PI SD1 Heirship Declaration Form, a copy of which is located in the Non-NAS PI Claims tab of this website; or
- If an Estate has not been opened, and there was no Will, the person filing the claim should complete and submit the Non-NAS PI SD2 Heirship Declaration Form, a copy of which is located in the Non-NAS PI Claims tab of this website.